Completed around 1935, the Castle House, as most people call it, was designed by Little Rock architect Ed Brueggeman for Dr. Clarence W. Koch and his wife, Marie. Clarence and Marie Koch didn’t live here very long. They sold the house in 1941 as the result of a divorce. The house was occupied by a handful of families between 1941 and 1963, when it was purchased by John and Eugenie Rognrud, Walter’s
parents. The house has been owned by the Rognrud family for 53 years. It now serves as a private residence and wedding and event venue.